This is your opportunity to attend various educational classes and network with fellow agents and vendors! Sign up today to attend on May 22nd at the University System of Maryland at Southern Maryland (formerly Southern MD Higher Ed Center), 44219 Airport Road, California, MD. Registration fee includes up to 6 hours of education, breakfast, lunch, and expo!
2019 SMAR Education Conference & Expo
May 22, 2019
Check-in/Breakfast: 7:30 am • Lunch: 11:30 pm - 1 pm
University System of Maryland at Southern Maryland (formerly Southern MD Higher Ed Center)
44219 Airport Road, California, MD 20619
Get More Bang for your Buck - Registration fee includes up to 6 hours of Education (see topics below), Breakfast, Lunch & Expo!
- Early Bird Registration* - April 12 - May 8 ... $75 member/$85 non-member
- May 9 - 20 ... $85 member/$95 non-member
- Price at the Door ... $95 member/$105 non-member
- Lunch & Expo Only - register here (11:30 am - 1 pm) ... $15 member/$25 non-member
*Register by May 8th to be entered to win 1 of 3 $75 Gift Cards
Check out the course schedule here! Classes are available on a first come, first served basis.
5 Social Media Trends in 2019
Dreaded Mold in the Home
Radon in the Home
Top 5 Financial Questions to Ask
Introduction to Septic Systems
A Guide to Indoor Air Quality
Legal & Legislative Update
MD Fair Housing
CMA vs. Appraisal
MAR Contract - The Devil is in the Details
How to Read a Plat
Risk Reduction in Real Estate
Wednesday, May 22, 2019
University System of Maryland at Southern Maryland
(formerly Southern MD Higher Ed Center)
44219 Airport Road, California, MD
Expo Exhibitor Information
- A chance to network and expose your business to Real Estate Agents face to face in a friendly and relaxing environment.
- Each participant in the Expo will receive a roster of attendees (those who gave their permission) the Wednesday before the event and a final list after the event.
- Opportunity to win the Doris Jones Outstanding Exhibitor Award (see below).
Exhibitor Rules: Please read carefully below.
- Check-in on May 22nd begins at 7:15 am. The Trade Show will be open from 11 am - 1:15 pm. We ask that your display is manned from 11 am - 1:15 pm. You may tear down your booth at 1:15 pm when the afternoon classes begin.
- Exhibitor door prize winners will be announced during the lunch hour.
- There will be an option for attendees to attend the expo only at 11 am.
- You must supply your own extension cord or power supply.
Suggestions to make your investment more successful:
- Have a Business Card Drop; remember, each REALTOR® attending the Trade Show will be stopping by your booth for “Exhibitor Bingo.”
- Supply a door prize (no more than two) to be given away after lunch.
- The Wednesday before the event, you will receive a roster of attendees (from those who gave their permission) if you would like to announce your presence at the REALTOR® Fair and invite them to stop by your booth during the Trade Show.
- Have promotional materials and “giveaways” for those who stop by your exhibit.
The Doris Jones Outstanding Exhibitor Award was established in recognition of Doris’ years of service as Chairman of the SMAR Hospitality Committee. The Award criteria are based on booth creativity, aesthetic appeal, adherence to Exhibitor Rules, and application of the theme to booth display. Remember, this year’s theme is “Knowlege is Money: K=M2.” The winner will receive a 4 ft. by 7 ft. exhibitor space in the center hall at next year’s expo free of charge and will have their name engraved on the progressive recognition plaque displayed at the Southern Maryland Association of REALTORS® headquarters building in Hughesville.